In return for the support our customers provide us we give back to the local communities we operate in through local sponsorships and events.
We’re a modern building society, which means that we have no shareholders. We are owned by our customers, and that means we put your needs first - from award-winning products and services to community support.
We can proudly say that our customers come first. Where the major banks face the tricky task of balancing their shareholder and customer interests, we achieved a Mutuality Dividend in 2014that surpassed $50 million°!
Here are some other ways that we put your needs first:
- Refurbishing our retail branches to provide you with a modern, friendly and comfortable banking environment
- Providing translation services for non-English speaking customers
- We are working hard to strengthen our digital offering, giving you the ability to do your banking with us when you like, how you like
- Providing $1.5 million in sponsorship support to your local community each year, including surf lifesaving, the Northern NSW Junior Football and Central Coast Mariners Active Schools programs, and delivering our FREE family-focused Cinema Under the Stars events throughout regional NSW
Our staff are our greatest asset – they deliver award winning customer service, tailored products and services which cater to the needs of our diverse community, and drive our Charitable Foundations contribution to your local community.
We firmly believe that happy employees are the key to our ongoing success. Here are just some of the reasons why our people find Newcastle Permanent a great place to work. You can head over to the Careers pages to read more about some of the benefits our staff enjoy.
- Career, study and development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration and reward high performance
- A forum to exchange ideas and provide feedback
- A chance to contribute to community projects within your local area, via our CommunityAssist program
- Subsidised gym membership and other perks
- A chance to work in some of the most beautiful and diverse areas of regional NSW
- A healthy, comfortable and friendly working environment.
Read more about what we offer our employees.
We are determined to do the very best we can to preserve our wonderful planet for generations to enjoy. We’re here for good, so we want our planet to be, too.
From customers to major suppliers, we share our environmentally-focused culture with everyone we come into contact with.
We cover all the fundamentals such as recycling and minimising our water usage and energy consumption. You might like to know about some of the other ways we give the environment a helping hand:
- Printing our marketing materials on paper from managed plantation forests
- Delivering statements to customers via email
- Offering old computers to charitable organisations who need them