Managing & accessing your money
while you're away
Here are some of the practical ways you can manage and access your money while you’re travelling. For increased security and flexibility, it's often best to use a combination of these methods:
- Multi-currency Cash Passport™ *
A reloadable card that has the ability to load multiple currencies on one card and can be used wherever MasterCard is accepted.
- Value+ Credit Card^
A Visa card you can use around the world for purchases and cash advances wherever Visa is accepted.
- Visa Debit Card^^
A Visa card you can use to make purchases and ATM withdrawals from your own account. You can use it anywhere Visa is accepted around the world.
Multi-currency Cash Passport TM *
The Multi-currency Cash Passport is a reloadable prepaid currency card which can hold multiple currencies on one card and is accepted at over 33 million MasterCard retailers worldwide and online.
It's a safe and convenient way to get cash overseas.
- Accepted at ATMs, shops, restaurants, online and over the phone at millions of locations worldwide.
- Second (back up) card free of charge (in case you lose the first one).
- Chip and PIN protected, ensuring maximum security.
- Available in 10 currencies#: AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, THB, CAD, HKD, JPY, SGD.
- Easy access to cash, in local currency from over 1.9 million ATMs worldwide.
- 24 hour card assistance available from all around the world.
A Multi-currency Cash Passport offers all the convenience of a plastic card including the benefit of free replacement cards sent anywhere in the world.
Cards can be purchased in any amount from $100 (AUD) to $100,000 (AUD) and can be used where ever MasterCard is accepted – ATMs, shops, restaurants, online and over the phone at millions of locations worldwide with no international ATM fees**.
You don’t have to be over 18, and extra funds can be reloaded as required.
A Multi-currency Cash Passport has the benefit of chip and PIN protection for premium security and worldwide acceptance. A Cash Passport™ is not linked to your bank account, so if a card is lost or stolen, no one can access your money (provided the PIN remains secret).
For added convenience, you will receive a second card free of charge, so even if one is stolen you can
still access your funds. 24 hour support is also available.
Easy to budget
Unlike credit cards, you can't overspend with a Multi-currency Cash Passport so there will be no surprise bills when you get home. The different currencies loaded on the card can be managed online with access to current balances and transaction listings.
Your Multi-currency Cash Passport card can be reloaded as many times as you want during the life of the card within the applicable time limits, so you can keep your card for the next time you travel.
Global Emergency Assistance
Multi-currency Cash Passport comes with free Global Emergency Assistance. This is an emergency service available day or night, designed to make sure that your trip isn't ruined by any unforeseen events.
Drop into any Newcastle Permanent branch to open a Multi-currency Cash Passport or call 13 19 87.
Here's some more information for you:
* Multi-currency Cash Passport TM Prepaid MasterCard Currency Card. Access Prepaid Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges (including through Newcastle Permanent Building Society Limited ACN 087 651 992, Australian Financial Services Licence 238 273) for the distribution of the Cash Passport in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 807 652 024, AFSL / ACL 240 984).
You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com.au before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you.
^Applications for the Value+ Credit Card are subject to Newcastle Permanent's approval. Fees and charges may apply.
^^ The Visa debit card is available subject to approval.
** Some ATM operators may charge an additional withdrawal fee.
# The currencies available in respect to the Multi-currency Cash Passport Card may vary from time to time and not all currencies may be available at all times.